A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Saggy Never Looked So Good

With the living room looking so lovely and organized I finally got motivated to break out the sewing machine and check off a fun project off my ever-lengthening to-do list.  I've been on the hunt for some fabric to make roman shades for the kitchen and breakfast nook and have been having one hell of a time finding the perfect fabric.  I thought I had found just what I was looking for - white or off-white linen fabric with a colorful floral design - and picked up the Covington Wilmington Multi fabric, which is a vibrant paisley linen blend from Online Fabric Store during their Cyber Monday sale for $13.99/yard and free shipping (it's currently selling for $17.95/yard.) 

Four yards of fabric arrived at our doorstep a week or so later.  I was so excited to get started on the roman shades so I ripped open the package and pulled out the fabric.  In the five seconds that it took to take it in I knew that it would be perfect for the living room.  Yes, that's right.  The living room.  So, I guess it's back to the grind on finding fabric for the kitchen, but at least I found the perfect fabric for one room in our house.  The full DIY on how I made these simple sag-top drapery panels is on its way via Houzz, but I couldn't help but share a few photos with all of you....and if you're following me on Instagram, you probably already saw the sneak peek.

Here's what the room looked like after it got an organization overhaul.  Pretty organized, but definitely lacking in personality.


And here's what it looks like with a pair of beautiful sag-top drapes flanking the window.
It's amazing how little work went into this change, but how dramatic it is.  This room feels more modern, fun and sophisticated - all in all, it feels more like home.  And for all of those "I like the curtains better longer" folks:  Yes, I know that these are rocking the high-water style, but I'd rather have a set of curtains than a pile of threads.  For some reason our cat won't mess with them at this length, but when they are to the floor they get destroyed. 


The tv cabinet used to be placed at an angle which took up a lot of floor space.  I've been wanting to place it flush against the wall for some time and these new curtains were the perfect motivation.  I angled the tv slightly so that it could be seen from all parts of the room - can't miss my Downton Abbey, Bronson Pinchot Project or Rehab Addict....or Bachelor (man, they've got some looney tunes this season!)


Not only did I sew some gorgeous drapes, but I also busted out a couple throw pillow covers with the leftover fabric.  Stay tuned for the full pillow DIY next week.


 So what do you think?  It's amazing what a little fabric can do.



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the transformation! It looks very nice!! Good job Meg =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! You guys are going to have to come down to the coast and pay us a visit one of these days.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace