A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Houzz: Sew A Pair of Easy Sag-Top Curtains

I teased you guys earlier this week when I shared my new living room curtains with you.  Well, as promised, here's the tutorial for all of you who want to make your own or are just curious how it was done.  By no means am I a skilled seamstress....more of a fly by the seat of my pants and hope things work out type.  Luckily I have my Nana to help me wrap my head around projects.  Skills or not, these curtains are sooo easy to make.  And for all of those "I like the curtains better longer" folks:  Yes, I know that these are rocking the high-water style, but I'd rather have a set of curtains than a pile of threads.  For some reason our cat won't mess with them at this length, but when they are to the floor they get destroyed. 



For all the tips and tricks for making your own, check out the full tutorial on my latest Houzz Ideabook.




I'm still in awe how much these curtains transformed our living room.  It feels like a different space altogether and all it took me was an hour's time, tops!

So what do you use to transform a space?  Paint, textiles or both?





SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I really do love these curtains. I should make some for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out great! Look forward to seeing more of your design projects Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's the name of the paint color on the walls in here? Sorry if it was listed elsewhere on the blog... couldn't find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! I was just reminding myself to compile a list of paint. I mixed this paint myself, check out how to do that here: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/5024493/list/Tint-Your-Own-Paint-for-New-Looking-Walls

      But it is very, very close to Benjamin Moore's Woodlawn Blue and depending on the light reads very gray and other times is much more blue. http://pinterest.com/pin/86764730293338906/

      Delete
    2. Also check out BM's Smoke - it has less green undertones than Woodlawn Blue and is probably closer to what we have on the walls.

      Delete
  4. just came across this and love those curtains! They can really change an entire room.
    www.curtainshop.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace