A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 7 Valentine Wreath

It's day 7 of 14 Days of Valentines, a countdown to Valentine's Day one craft at a time. We're halfway there!


What's a holiday without a wreath?  I created a Valentine's Day wreath with yarn and, since I just loved it so much, my Robert Indiana inspired LOVE template wrapped in linen-type fabric.  Pretty swoon worthy, if you ask me.






And here's how it was made:

Supplies:
  • Yarn
  • Cardboard
  • Fabric
  • Craft Glue

First for the LOVE template.  Trace out template onto cardboard and cut out.


Cut out a piece of fabric and glue to cardboard.



Pull edges over and glue to back.  (Make small cuts inside the closed off area, like in the O.)



Next the yarn wreath.  Start wrapping (wrap over the start of the string to lock it into place.)




And keep wrapping.

And wrapping.

Until you finally reach the other end.  Use a large quilting needle to tuck the end underneath to lock it into place.  Warm up the hot glue gun and adhere the LOVE sign.  That's it!  You're finished.  Now hang that bad boy and send those good love vibes out into the world.


Day 7 down, 7 to go!


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. How long did this one take you?! Lol. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! I love the "Love"...lol. Simple, natural, lovely. I'd be thrilled if you'd share this at my party, going on now!

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/shine-on-fridays-13-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of project, easy and pretty! Visiting from Catch a Glimpse party. With love, My

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath is right up my alley... simple and graphic! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I've been seeing that LOVE sign everywhere. I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking up on Summit St's Handmade Valentine Party! Just wanted to let you know you were featured today in my fave5on friday!!! feel free to grab a button if ya like :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where did you find the LOVE template?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this last night at our "ladies craft night"...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! This is definitely one of my most favorite.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace