A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Friday, February 10, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 11 Stamped Heart Card

It's day 11 of 14 Days of Valentines, my attempt at one Valentine's inspired craft each day.


For day 11's project I repurposed a champagne cork into a heart shaped stamp and, with the help of my little man, made some cards and wrapping paper.  A very simple project, but one that won me over and I can't decide if it was due to having a handsome little helper or the bubbly.



I absolutely love champagne and sparkling wine.  I could drink it every single day.  (Don't worry, I don't.) 
We save our wine & champagne corks and I've been wanting to do something with them.  I thought I'd break into the stash for this project.  But, then I realized that they are packed in the bottom of a very tall multi-level moving box.  There was no way I was going to pull every single glass out to reach the stash, so I trucked to the store and picked up a couple bottles.  I know...poor me.

Here's how I turned one champagne cork, destined for the buried stash, into a heart shaped stamp perfect for those tiny toddler hands.  (Full disclosure, not the best pics and not the most professional of projects.  Hey, it was done by a 1 1/2 year old.  Cute outweighs perfect in my book.)

Pop open that bottle of bubbly.  I recommend you pour yourself a glass (or you could be nice and save it to share with someone special.) Hopefully you know how to open the bottle and have the cork still in your hand.  Otherwise, I'd recommend you practice a few more times.  ;)


Draw out your shape.


Cut it out with a razor blade or an exacto knife.


Break out that paint and get to stamping!



It might take a little help to get the actual heart shapes when your toddler is stamping, but it all comes out cute and handmade in the end.




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! It looks like someone in your house is very excited for the holiday. So cute!

    I just wanted to swing by and let you know that you've been nominated for the Best in Show award on my blog! Congrats and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea! I'd love for you to share this idea at Mix it up Monday:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/02/mix-it-up-monday_12.html

    I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I'm a sparkling beverage enthusiast as well. :) I never know what to do with the corks since they flair at the bottom and line up like wine corks. Now I know what to do.
    And cute totally out weighs perfect a million billion times.
    Following from the Linky Blog Hop. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace