A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Sunday, February 12, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 12 Paper Heart Bookmark

It's day 12 of 13 Days of Valentines, my attempt at one Valentine's inspired craft each day.


The hubs and I both share the reading bug and we NEVER have a dedicated bookmark to save our spots.  (We're not really corner folders...we love our books too much.)  I've found myself using the closest thing I can find to save my page...like an Amazon gift card, someone's business card, a stray piece of paper, or a tissue (clean, of course!)

Well, not anymore!  We've got our very own set of colorful heart shaped corner bookmarks.






And here's how I made them:

Supplies:
  • Paper
  • Sewing Machine (or you could just use glue)
Make a heart shaped template by cutting off a triangle at the corner of a piece of paper.  Fold it in half and round off the edge.



Use this template to cut out two pieces of paper hearts.  Next, join both pieces by sewing along the straight edges.  Seriously, that's it.  Super easy.  (Oh, like my "straight" sewing job.  Yeah, I'm notorious.)

Now, get to reading!


Day 12 down, 2 to go!


SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Neat, will definitely have to make these for my husband, who is a real bookworm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What book is that I really want to know

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace