A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 5 Bucket List Bucket

It's day 5 of 14 Days of Valentines, a countdown to Valentine's Day one craft at a time.


This one's not exactly a valentine, but I will be using this with MY valentines so it works, right?.  I took a Brown & Haley (the best!) almond roca tin that was destined for the recycle bin and upcycled it into a bucket list keeper.  I can't wait to start putting all of our must-dos in here and, more importantly, I can't wait to start those adventures with my two loves.






And here's how I transformed a candy can into a keeper of dreams.

Save an old candy can or any container with a lid from the landfill.


Cut a deposit slot in the top.


Cut out a piece of fabric to wrap around the can.  (I used a more sheer fabric so I made a base layer out of a lunch bag, which means I had to glue those two pieces together.)



Break out your stencil and call it whatever you want.



Glue it to the can and you're done (unless you want to spray paint your lid, like me.)


Now drop in those bucket items!  My first will be to travel to Europe.

Day 5 down, 9 to go! (What was I thinking?!)


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. How cute! I'm going to have to make mine bigger, I have a big bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely wonderful idea! Visiting from Sunday's Best...Drop by for a visit! I'm your new friend through LINKY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! Love the actual bucket for your list!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute idea. Since I have a big bucket list I will be making one a little bit bigger. This could be used for so many different things. Thanks for showing us how. Thanks for sharing all your creative inspirations at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Adorable! I think the burlap fabric looks so good with the stenciled letters! Great job!
    Melody
    ChattyChics.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace