A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Craigslist, Goodwill, Freecycle...Oh my!

Haggling aside, I absolutely heart thrifting.  I am addicted to craigslist, goodwill and yard sales, but my most beloved of all is freecycle.  Why?  The stuff is straight up free.  I love finding unique treasures and bringing them home to my exasperated husband just to hear him ask, "now, where the heck are you going to put that?"  Luckily, he's the most frugal guy in the world so when I tell him it was free his protests typically end.

Here are some photos of my most recent scores. The can on the left is a vintage 50 lb. Armour Star lard container. 50 LBS!  Yikes, that's a lot of lard.


Lard container & large basket from flea market



Plastic play table, small lantern  & embroidered linen




Nantucket Maple Buffet/Hutch for $30?  Score!

How about you?  Where do you love to thrift and what's your most memorable find?


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That lamp is cute! I also love the hutch. Where are you going to put it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you stole Josh's question! Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you can blame me for your addiction. I think it all started when I took you to that vintage clothing store in Hood River and you found that pink furry coat and the pink flowered muumuu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace