A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

DIY // How To Make Fabric Coffee Sleeves {Tutorial}

Stop using those wasteful cardboard coffee sleeves, break out that sewing machine and make your own reusable and stylish fabric coffee sleeves in just six easy steps.



My fabric sleeves came out to under $.25.  I used fabric remnants bought from a quilting shop.  A large ziploc bag cost $1, plus I got to pick and choose the pieces.  I also found a bag of binding at Goodwill ~ 10 unused packs for $1.99.  ALWAYS check their craft isle.  The only item that I purchased for full price was the 1/4 yard of ironing board fabric which ran $5.99/yard.

Supplies:

  • Binding
  • Fabric remnants
  • Ironing board fabric for center heat barrier layer
  • Starbucks cardboard sleeve (used as template)

Step 1

Lay the template out flat and trace onto the backside of the front, middle and back fabric layers.


Step 2

Gather all three layers, with front side out and pin together.


Step 3

Straight stitch around the perimeter, as close to the edge as possible.


Step 4

Pin binding to top and sew on.  Repeat on bottom.


Step 5

Pin ends together, overlapping the two ends.


Step 6

Sew ends together with a straight stitch.



And, voilĂ , you're finished~


Now wasn't that easy?

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Looks amazingly easy! I think I will give it a try looks like a perfect addition for a Christmas gift. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing a great tutorial, I'm definitely going to be making a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found you through a blog hop! This is a fantastic idea, I never would have thought to use ironing board fabric for the heat barrier.
    These are going on my to-do list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all ready on my to sew list :) Thanks for the tute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm bookmarking these! I've been wanting ot make coffee sleeves for a while. Definitely on my to-do list too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found you through a my one of the facebok friend, This is a fantastic idea, I never would have thought to use ironing board fabric for the heat barrier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and turorial.
    I'd love it if you could share this at my Simply Christmas Inspitaion Party at http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com/2011/11/yay.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best tutorial I've seen for these and great idea with the ironing board fabric. This is on my facebook page today, and will be on my Green Craft Round-up on Nov 30th www.lifelovegreen.com

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I'm glad it was helpful and that you enjoyed it. @Kerryanne - I will definitely share at your Simply Christmas Inspiration Party! @Amber - Thanks for sharing. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, thanks for the tutorial! I've seen these and wanted to make one but hadn't quite figured out how. Would you share here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/shine-on-fridays-3-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the invite Amy! I will definitely share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for being a part of making last week’s “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17 so rich in creativity and inspiration! Today’s party is in full swing, so please feel welcome to drop by and share your talent.

    Yours,
    Jenn

    P.S. I'm spotlighting your post on my Facebook page today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing this! I can think of a lot of people that would really like this for Christmas.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These would make great gifts! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace