A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DIY // The Best Starbucks Banana Bread Copycat Recipe Ever

It's a food post!  I know I'm swaying a bit away from "homegoods", but this is home related right?  Plus, I just had to share this recipe.

With an abundance of overripe bananas, I set out to find a banana bread recipe using bread flour (what I had on-hand).  And in my search, I found the best banana bread recipe EVER!  It's dense, yet moist, with a slight crunch to the crust.  I. Can't. Stop. Eating. It.


The original recipe came from Copykat Recipes and I made just a few adjustments (butter instead of margarine & added vanilla. I also left out the walnuts.)

Copycat:  Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread


1 3/4 cup flour (bread flour is best)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup Sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
2 tbsp. milk
2 eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts (divided into 2 (1/2 cup) portions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium size bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt), stir together to combine.  In another medium size bowl, combine butter and sugar, with a mixer cream together until light and fluffy.  Add in vanilla, mashed bananas, eggs, and milk.  Mix well.  Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix until the flour is just mixed in then add the remaining flour and 1/2 cup walnuts, blend together until everything is mixed together.  Do not overstir.

Pour batter into a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan.  Top the batter with the remaining chopped walnuts.  Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.  Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack and Enjoy!

Seriously, I've eaten two-thirds of this already.  It is THAT good!

So, what's your go-to recipe?

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Can't wait until I have my own kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I coulda used this a few days ago! I had some over ripe bananas....I'll have to save the recipe for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I found your recipe 3 days ago and have already made 2 loaves! You are not kidding...it IS that good! The only change I made was that I upped the vanilla to 1 full teaspoon (love, love love vanilla) and I only had wheat flour.

    Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris. I'm glad you found the recipe! I also do one full teaspoon. Thanks for reminding me to update the recipe. I'm also glad to hear that it was still delicious using wheat flour.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace