A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Clean It Up: All Natural Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner

All the organizing and cleaning during the January Cure had me going through my cleaning products like wildfire.  Luckily I make my own all-natural homemade cleaners which are healthy and inexpensive.  I've already shared my recipes for liquid laundry detergent, powdered laundry detergent and lavender room spray.  In addition to those great cleaners, I also use an all-purpose spray to get all my surfaces sparkling clean.  Like all cleaners - you can add essential oils to give your home a fragrant boost.


All-Purpose Cleaner:
  • 28 oz spray bottle
  • 3 tsp. borax
  • 1/2 tsp. liquid castille soap (like Dr. Bronner’s)
  • hot water
Mix all together in the spray bottle then shake what ya mama gave ya.  This cleaner is safe on all surfaces and works great.  I used it on some tough stains (FYI:  coffee and unsealed grout Do.Not.Mix.)  Not to mention, it smells great!

So are you a loyal commercial brand cleaner or have you dabbled in some homemade versions?  What's your favorite?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the homemade laundry soap! Going to try this out next. Where do you find the castille soap at the store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just ran out of the laundry soap so I get to make some more. I can't believe how long it lasted! I found the castille soap in the health food/organic section at the grocery store (Fred Meyers) with all the other shower/soap products.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace