A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

DIY // Handprint Christmas Tree

Nothing gets more handmade than a HANDprint project.  Am I right?  And what could make this project even better?  The addition of friends & food!  (Thanks, ladies!)

I first spotted this project on Pinterest and have been so excited to make one for our little family.  I was able to finally track down the original posting at The Other White House after traveling through many a'blog (it is a very popular project!)  The Other White House has a great little tutorial and mad props go out to Heather for sharing the wonderful idea!

So, on to the project...

The Supplies:
  • Brown, Yellow, Green Paint (I used Tempera)
  • Canvas (Any size will do.  I used 12x16)
  • Foam applicator
  • Small craft paint brush
  • Hands (Hopefully still attached to the owner...gross.)



As for the steps, feel free to check out The Other White House's tutorial, but it went a little something like this...Mix paint to desired shades, paint hand, stamp, stamp, paint hand, stamp.  After you have your green tree shape, paint on a tree trunk with the brown paint.  Next, paint a star (feel free to use a template, we did!)  Finally, don't forget to sign/date your masterpiece.


Working with a rambunctious toddler was a little bit of a challenge, but it just gives it all that much more character, right?

So, what about you guys?  What handmade decor do you display?


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. What a fun craft to do with the kids! I featured this over at So Very Creative. Thanks for linking up, make sure to come grab a button!
    Handprint Christmas Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute way to preserve those golden years. I need to get out of the kitchen and craft with the girls more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm impressed! This is so great and fun idea! I may copy that and take the credit from my family of MY idea! LOL!!!!
    Olga
    www.stardust-decorstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good I made some hand trees with my kids too. I would love for you to link up to my Christmas Party @ http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/ I also have a Crafty Lassie Tuesday each week you can come and link up to.
    Thanks Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is so very adorable. I would love this as a gift if the Special One gave it too me. Thanks for sharing I will follow on my way out and hope you can find the time to drop over to my place and do the same. Merry Christmas and I look forward to supporting your beautiful blog in the New Year. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an adorable idea! I'd love to do this with my daughter. Thank you for sharing. I am your newest follower and I look forward to reading more of your posts! I would appreciate it if you took a moment to stop over at my blog and followed me back. Thank you! http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project, I love handprints and for the holidays I've made hangings and calendars but never a tree decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting this. I can't tell you how happy I am that I found this on Pinterest. My boys are 5 and 8 and I love the final results. We made 1 handprint tree using both of their right hands. I will treasure this project forever. It will hang on my Kitchen wall every Christmas. It was so great, I framed it. We may even draw on the glass each year and decorate the tree. I made one for my girlfriend as a gift with her kids handprints as a suprise. She loves it too! You have brought my crafty side out! Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved this project and what a great idea making one for your girlfriend!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace