A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIY // A Fun Stocking Hook Insert Idea for the Holidays

I've been itching to decorate for Christmas ever since I shoved the last bite of candied yams in my mouth, but with an impending move I've put it off.  Well, I just couldn't wait any longer so I made a trip out to the local nursery and purchased our potted dwarf evergreen.  If you're interested in greening up (pun intended) your holidays, a potted evergreen is definitely the way to go.  All you have to do is pot it or plant it once the New Year arrives, so there's no more messing with that toxic PVC tree or worrying about tossing that real one.

With the tree purchased, I rushed home to break out just a few of the decorations with three, in particular, in mind.  Awhile back I purchased a set of 4 Eddie Bauer photo stocking hooks for $1.99 each at Goodwill.  They were just what I had been searching for and luckily, it was the middle of May so I got them for a great price. (Half off!)



Instead of using photos, I decided I'd use a holiday word and with just three of us, I knew "joy" would be perfect. So, I made a template, got to cutting and was elated with the results...now all I need to do is find our stockings! (and break out the vinegar to clean off the sticky tag residue!)




So, what about you?  What are you decking your halls with?


SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Oooh, very smart and very pretty! I have something similar and have photos of my kids in them but I've never thought to use something festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea, wow, you found Eddie Bauer frames for a 1.99 each at GW, that sure was a lucky find. I also have used the word JOY, really like it. Does vinegar really remove leftover stickies, I didn't know that. Please share this post today at Sunday's Best at 4 pm today. Got to share this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those stocking holders. You got them for a great price and then added your own special touch. I am a new follower visiting from Gingerbread blog. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! And thanks for the invites, too. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I/m decking my halls with lots of mini Christmas trees I got from an outlet store. They are all different colors and I have spread them all over the house. They bring me such joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute idea. I featured this at Me Making Do today! Thanks for linking up.
    http://memakingdo.blogspot.com/2011/12/few-christmas-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a clever idea, and loved you Handprint Christmas Tree. Thanks for joining in on Sunday's Best and sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Meg, those stocking holders look fabulous and serve a dual purpose. I love them. I wish I could find something like that at such a great price. Thanks for sharing, and Merry Christmas. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace