A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Knockoff: DIY West Elm Style Scalloped Trees

Like what you see below? Well, check out my guest post over at Type A Decorating on Friday to see my tutorial for a copycat version at a fraction of the cost of the originals.  I'm super stoked about this project as it was my first totally original project.

I've been sitting on this since the beginning of December, so I could share something fresh and new at Type A.  You can understand how quickly my excitement turned to what I like to call, "Bitch You Stole My Idea" when I spotted this very project on Pinterest.  {Shakes fist at sky}  {And I say "bitch" in the friendliest blogger to blogger way.  Your pointy trees totally beat mine, Susan Phillips.}

West Elm Scalloped Trees - $39-$79






Thanks for stopping by and jumping on over to Type A Decorating on Friday to check it out!

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Love these trees! The wood tones, the texture, the simple repetitive shapes...so cleverly done. Possibly the best cone tree idea I've seen this year, out of the ordinary for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya just hate that...ya know I came up with pinterest in my head...WAY before someone else did it!!!!!! I'm a follower. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea! Very creative! I'd love for you to link your post up at my Friday Favorites party. This week is a special Holly Bloggy Christmas edition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome! Great job! This is something you can do with your kids as well. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good idea! I would love for you to link up to my Christmas Party @ http://sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com/ I also have a Crafty Lassie Tuesday each week you can come and link up to.
    Thanks Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good copycat tutorial! Great job! I'd love if you came and shared your fab link (and any others you might like to share) at the Head to Head Showdown, going on right now at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your trees are fantastic...but I totally understand the feeling of finding out that your "original" idea isn't so original. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool trees! I've pinned them to try out for next year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace