A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The World's EASIEST DIY Laundry Bag

Have you ever wanted to make something but don't really want to put in the time that it usually takes a project to get completed?  Well, do this.  It's practical, cute and INCREDIBLY EASY!  All the hard work is already done for you and all you have to do is pick out a cute pillowcase and some corresponding ribbon.


I first stumbled upon this on Better Homes & Gardens.  I saw it, loved it and pinned it.  Then it sat on my board, nearly forgotten, until I was choosing a project for the Pinterest Challenge: Winter Edition but the Tin Can Man won out, so still it sat, uncompleted.


Until today when I found the perfect pillowcase.  So, I got my supplies - embroidery hoop that I scored at goodwill for 50 cents, some ribbon leftover from a gift and the pillowcase purchased today for 99 cents - and got to work.  But first I had to read the instructions...or so I thought.  For some reason I didn't realize just how easy this project was when I first pinned it.  All you do is sandwich the pillowcase between the embroidery hoop and then tie ribbon around the fastener to hang it.  That's it.  It took me 30 seconds and I was finished.  Seriously, it took so little time that this post has now taken more time to write.


For a small bathroom like ours, this is the perfect out-of-the-way organization tool to keep our floor free of wayward clothes.  And how perfect would they be on the back of bedroom doors?  I'll be making two more of these for our and Luke's room.  And you should make a few too - it's just too simple not to!


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Hello Meg,
    I love this laundry bag idea, and you are so right it is the perfect simply DIY project. :o)
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Paula! It is pretty perfect, so perfect my hubs is already picking up his clothes and putting them in it!) :)

      Delete
  2. This is great!! Maybe my hubs will get the hint too...:) he needs some reminding;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! Sometimes they just need the reminder to be at eye-level. :)

      Delete
  3. Ha! How cool is that? And easy, too? The perfect crafting project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been wanting to make one of these...i think you may have inspired me, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm your newest follower and co-host of this month's blog hop. Thanks so much for joining in on the fun :) I'm looking forward to getting you know you better!

    I love this idea. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embroidery hoop is genius! Such a great repurposed idea for not only the hoop but the pillow case too :-) And it doesn't take up any space on the floor like what I'm using now. I found you over on the blog hop and now I'm happily following along. I'd love for you to come check me out too.

    Take care,
    Jen
    sunnyvanilla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, such a good idea! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this hamper bag, and using the hoop is super cool. Great upcycle! Love also how space conscious it is. Love the pillowcase so worth the weight! Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace