A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Thursday, July 12, 2012

DIY // Driftwood Chalkboard

Lately, I've been on a driftwood kick.  (Along with the design world.) I love how rugged and unique each piece is.  And there's just something cool about the power of water.

I always have my eye on the shore when we walk down to the port or to the local beach just hoping to spy an interesting piece that I can lug home.  I have hopes of making a couple driftwood log side tables.  And while I wasn't THAT motivated, I did manage to create an amazing driftwood framed chalkboard with some recent finds.  You might have caught a glimpse of it in my "I Told You So" Cabinet post.


If you love adding natural elements to your decor and are looking for a quick and easy DIY project this one should be it. 

Supplies:

  • Chalkboard Paint
  • Board (the size is up to you)
  • Glue
  • Driftwood

 Break out the chalkboard paint and spray your board.  I gave my 32" long board 5 coats of paint.


After the paint is dry, lay out the driftwood pieces layering as you go.  Once you're happy with the layout, glue those bad boys down.  By the way, this Seal-All adhesive is the shiz!


Once dry, attach a hanging hook (technical name?) to the back.  I placed one hook in the center of the board.  Depending on the size, you may need to place one hook at each side of the board.


And that's it!  This is the perfect little piece to remind ourselves to just breathe, kick back and stop worrying about all the house projects weighing us down. 


It's also a great message board for friends and family who stop by.  Hint, hint friends and family.  Feel free to stop by.  :)


So what about you guys?  Are you as obsessed with driftwood as I am?  Created any driftwood projects of your own?  Or are you one of the few who is over the trend?


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Okay....seriously.....I have just spent all this time on your site and I have to tell you.....you are really, really, really talented! I love all your projects and I have been pinning away!

    Thanks so much for all the inspiration!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny! I've been doing the SAME thing on your site. So inspired! I'm your newest email subscriber. :)

      Delete
  2. Your chalkboard is so pretty, loving the driftwood style. Very talented lady! My fingers are crossed you’ll share your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best going on now – sharing is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg-

    I adore this project. In my home, I have two chalkboard soon to be 3 chalkboards. I'm all about bring natural elements in, and I think your project is a perfect blend of beauty/function.

    Sharing at Facebook, Pinterest, and my site. Thanks for linking last week. Love your whole blog!

    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing at A Crafty Soiree! I've featured your project this week and I hope you'll come by tomorrow to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace