A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

So....Who Wants To Clean My Attic?!

Did it help that I said that in a "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" game show host voice?  No?  Too bad because what's behind door number 2 is a dream!


A hoarder's or professional organizer's dream, that is!  The mess starts at the stairs where things have just been dropped because we're just too lazy to carry them upstairs.


And upstairs?  Holy mess-of-all-time!  Our upstairs needs work.  Lots of work.  Oh how I wish I could go back in time and set it up from the beginning rather than making it our storage/dumping ground for all the things we don't have room for.  I also wish the hubs was home so I could put him to work removing everything!





Adjacent to the landing is a pretty good sized room.  That's jam-packed with a bunch of random stuff.  Long-term - it needs windows for safety, ventilation and natural lighting, but for the short-term it will work just for what I have planned.  Unless my oh so kind brother and father would like to pay me a visit and install a few windows???


Our home isn't large so to let a space this size go to waste is ridiculous and with the impending arrival of baby #2 we need all the extra space we can get!

So here's my plan...or plans.

Option 1:  Transform the landing into a sitting area/office space and the room into a guest room, which we're lacking.

Option 2:  Transform the room upstairs into our bedroom which would leave a small guest room/office area downstairs right off the living room.  It'd give us the opportunity to finally have a bigger bed - our full-size bed just ain't cutting it anymore.  Plus, the landing area could serve as a sitting room/early nursery - close enough for those many, many feedings.

I'm definitely leaning towards Option 2 but sometimes you never know which way a project will go until it's finished.

And how will I tackle this overwhelming project?  In steps, of course.
  • Step 1:  Organize & Purge
  • Step 2:  Clean & Repair
  • Step 3:  Paint - both the walls & floors
  • Step 4:  Install storage - bookshelves are a must!
  • Step 6:  Decorate
And all before baby #2 is born in less than 3 months.  Think it can be done?  I sure hope so!





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I like option #2 best!! Mostly because when I come over, I don't want to be sleeping in that scary attic. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. But.....after I'm done it won't be so scary. Right? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace