A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Baby on Board // Baby #2 Wish List

We always planned to have another baby.  (Actually, we planned to have four...and then after we had Luke I quickly widdled that number down to two.)  Since we planned to add one more little tike to our crew I kept nearly everything which might have something to do with why our attic is overflowing.  Luckily, we're having another boy so I don't really need much but there are a few things that I'm dying to have this go-around.





1 //  Ergo Baby Carrier with Infant Insert - We have a Moby and it's not really my fave.  There's just way too much fabric going on.  I love how comfortable and easy to use the Ergo carrier is and plan to replace my Moby with one.  That way I can keep #2 close to me while chasing #1 around and maybe lose a few extra pounds in the process.

2 //  Cloth diapers/gDiapers - We used disposable diapers with Luke and I felt guilty the entire time.  I'm a little nervous to make the switch and haven't quite decided if I want to use a reusable cover/disposable insert type like gDiapers or totally go for it and make my own (or, more likely, beg all my talented sewing friends and family to make some for me.)

3 //  aden+anais Swaddle Blankets - Luke was an amazing sleeper and I think it had a lot to do with being swaddled.  Our fave swaddle blankets were the Aden+Anais muslin blankets and I can't wait to pick up a few more.  Not only are they breathable and a perfect size, but they're pretty dang cute to boot!

4 //   timi & leslie Charlie Diaper Bag - We used a small Duo Skip*Hop messenger style diaper bag with Luke but it's just not big enough for two kids and this time around I want something that is a little more stylish and a little less "hey, look at me - i'm a diaper bag."  The timi & leslie Charlie bag is the bag that I've been looking for.  It's big enough to carry diapers, bottles, clothes and toys for the baby and all the fun preschool stuff for the little man with interior organizers so everything is easy to find, plus you can't even tell it's a diaper bag.  And after the kids are grown Charlie will transition into the perfect weekend getaway bag...for all those vacations we are sure to take (yeah right.)  I just can't decide between the go-with-everything pewter or the fun-pop-of-color mustard. 

5 //  Nursing Infinity Scarf - I rocked the hooter hider when I was nursing Luke and it worked great, but I absolutely LOVE that the infinity nursing scarf, like this one from etsy seller NYUrbanAccessories, can serve double duty as both a stylish accessory and a nursing cover.  This just might be a fun DIY project to keep me busy in the home stretch before baby #2 arrives.  You know, with all that extra time I have.

So what about you Moms?  What items could you not live without or just made you feel good?  Are you a cloth diaper pro?  Share your loves and experiences in the comments below.





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace