A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

What I'm Loving: Young Alexander

The month of March was a little sparse in the blogging department.  I've been a slacker and I apologize.  I blame it on the new job, a sick child, some home projects that we're keeping secret for a little while longer and a nasty sinus infection.  To make up for it I thought I'd share one of my new obsessions with you - Young Alexander.



{VIA}

Young Alexander was founded in 2011 by Na Kim & Dierdre Shea, two young artists transplanted from Baltimore to Brooklyn.  Every cheeky ceramic piece they make is individually hand painted and absolutely gorgeous. I don't know if it was their egg crates or how they described their inspiration that won me over, but I am a fan:

"Whether it be conversations brimming with puns and jokes, or that perfect of cup of coffee, our greatest inspiration comes from the simple joys of every day life."
The lovely ladies at YA contacted me back in March and I took one look at their work and jumped at the chance to check it out first hand.


The postal gods were smiling down on me when I received the Spring issue of Folk Magazine and YA's goodie box on the same day.  I just couldn't wait to see what amazing things were packed in this white box.  The first little surprise I unwrapped were these three mini lava bowls. Each were unique and the perfect size for holding small pieces of jewelry or other small items.  These would definitely be getting lots of use.



The next surprise was this canteloupe mug - my fave.  Obviously I love the orange, but the combo with the seafoam green is amazing.  The canteloupe mug isn't the only option in this colorful collection - they have 7 other beautiful options to choose from.  How amazing would it be to have a whole collection of these mugs hanging on the sides of cabinets from little hooks or stacked together on open shelving?



Another stackable mug option are their striped mugs.  I unwrapped the last of the three treasures to find what began as a beautiful candy striped mug.  Oh the horror!  Luckily, the amazing ladies at YA
sent over a replacement when I told them about the tragic loss in transit so I didn't have to bust out the gorilla glue and piece it all back together humpty-dumpty style.  Although I still think I might - it would make an adorable planter. 



I love every single one of these pieces.  They are well-crafted, gorgeous and fun little additions to my home decor.  The little lava bowls are the perfect size to corral my earrings on my dresser and my hairpins in the bathroom.  And nothing beats a good cup of coffee or tea in a pretty little mug.




To say that I'm loving Young Alexander is an understatement. These girls are talented.  It's no wonder they were featured on Urban Outfitters and Pop Sugar.

Want to get in on some Young Alexander action?  Jump on over to their online shop and check out all of their amazing items, their large serving bowls would be a great addition to the dinner table and, for all you little deviants out there - their adorable ashtrays may be right up your alley.

So what small shops are you loving at the moment?



I was perked these beautiful ceramic goods by the lovely ladies at Young Alexander, but all the opinions and the outpouring of love are my own.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace