A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

My 5 Must Haves for DIY Projects

Once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it, whether it's a meal at a restaurant or a brand of clothing, and DIY tools are no different.  Here's a list of my top 5 tools that I use when I'm working on a project.



3M Scotch Blue Painter's Tape -


I use the blue painter's tape to help me with difficult painting projects like the striped walls in Luke's room and the painted rug.




Purdy Paint Brushes



I've been buying purdy brushes since I was in high school. The angled brush is hands down the best for cutting in along trim, like when I painted the living room....twice.  Plus, I've never had a problem with stray bristles finding their way into my project.  If taken care of, they'll last forever.


Dewalt Electric Orbital Sander


I absolutely hate sanding.  It's my least favorite of project tasks, but its oftentimes one of the most important. Rather than wear out my warm with a regular ol' hand sander, I opt for the electric version which came in very handy when I took this cabinet from trash to treasure.


Porter Cable Finish Nailer




While we don't own a nail gun, my dad does and we use it every chance we get - like when I added trim to our open shelving.  It sure cuts a project's time using a pneumatic nail gun rather than the old hammer and nail.


E6000 Adhesive


This adhesive is super strong and I love it.  I used it most recently to make the faux hand bookends.

So there you have it - 5 things I couldn't live without.  Now, what items are your must-haves?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace