A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Breakfast Nook Lighting

Lighting totally transforms a room which is why making a decision is so scary to me.  It can be a make or break situation and I really don't want to fail.  I've been hemming and hawing about what to do about the lighting in the nook.  As it stands, there is a hideous boob light (aka builders grade flush mount) overhead and it has to go.  I wanted to install something pendant style in its place but I didn't want something that would take away from our view to the backyard, so a big drum shade or the industrial style shades were out.

I finally found a lighting option for our nook that I think will work.  It's the Eldridge Rectangular Chandelier from Ballard Designs.  This light is gorgeous and is the right combination of modern design with a vintage feel.  It's glass frame is perfect - it allows us to have visibility to the backyard plus it won't seem too bulky and overpowering in our small nook.  We still have to make sure the size will work it's 30"W x 5"D, but I am pretty much sold.


The $399 price tag has both Josh and I a little on edge.  Maybe there's some sale coming up?  A girl can hope.  Josh even said, "I could make that."  Oh, how I wish he could, but I think we're going to have to bite the bullet or do some hardcore internet searching.  Anyone know of any less expensive options out there that are similar in design?



SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I just entered Ballard's Nifty Gifty giveaway and they emailed me a code for 20% off! I don't know if they're sending them to all who enter but it can't hurt to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace