A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Friday, April 12, 2013

In The Pages Of A Magazine: Flea Market Decor Summer 2013

Seriously.  In. A. Magazine.  I've been counting down the days until I saw the finished product and I absolutely love how it turned out.

So how did I end up in the pages of a magazine?   One day (January 2nd, to be exact) Elaine, editor at Flea Market Decor (a Well Styled Home publication), contacted me out of the blue and asked to feature two projects in their Summer issue.  Well, hell yeah you can feature them, is all I could think.  As I jumped up and down with excitement I fought the urge to call, post and shout from the rooftops that this small town girl with a little ol' blog was going to be in a freaking magazine!  Four months later and I'm finally able to share it with all of you.


You might remember this first project, Vintage Postcard Art, from when I gave our bedroom a quick update.  Rather than shooting the photo on my bland cream walls I chose the soft gray-blue of our living room and think it looks amazing.



The next project they featured underwent a huge change.  The Trash to Treasure Cabinet Transformation was literally trash when I picked it up from my friend's mom (or so my family thought), but with a little paint and some repair work it was good as new.


And remember that day a few months back where I mentioned I needed a new headshot, but didn't give any details?  This is what it was for!  Let me just say, taking your own photos is incredibly stressful.  After what was literally hundreds of photos, with varying outfits and backgrounds, I had one that I thought would do.  It seems to work pretty well here, if I do say so myself.


So that's the big secret that I've been keeping for months!  The experience was amazing and Elaine at Flea Market Decor is a joy to work with.  The only downside?  Having to wait months before I share the news - I've never been good with keeping surprises.

Want to pick up your own copy?  Flea Market Decor is available at most newstands - I have a friend who found it in her grocery store's magazine rack.




SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Congrats! It feels so nice to see yourself in print! Great projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That is so amazing. You must be very proud.
    Your projects and head shot Look great in the magazine.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pia! It sure is crazy to see myself in print, but I'm loving it. :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! You totally deserve it! Those are great projects!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karianne! It sure was a fun experience - as I'm sure you know. ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace