A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Fa La La

It seems that as soon as I finished decorating for fall, Christmas peeked it's head around the corner and yelled, surprise!  Luckily my holiday decorating is the same from year to year so the process is pretty painless.

I pick up a cedar bough garland and lay it across the mantle.  The trimmings get made into a wreath for the front door.  I love the look of cedar - it's vibrant emerald green color and the natural texture that it adds.


I hang our crimson and white Pottery Barn velvet stockings that I got for a steal at an after season sale from my Eddie Bauer stocking hooks (another goodwill find.)



I weave some lights through the garland and up over the vintage window to add a little sparkle.


I hang my favorite yarn wreath from the window.


And I place my Copycat West Elm Scalloped Trees on each side, plus some candles in vintage mason jars here and there.


And then...I put a bird on it.  Or two.


We are usually traveling during the holidays thanks to a teacher husband so I don't go all out.  Some years we adopt a dwarf evergreen and decorate it but this year we decided against it and are just keeping things simple.  Just how I like it.

How do you guys decorate?  Is it easy breezy or do you put Martha Stewart to shame?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace