A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Houzz: How to Replace Window Trim

Whether I'm flipping through a magazine or watching the latest home show on TV, I'm always drawn to a house's trim. I love how the use of different architectural trim elements can completely change the feel of the entire house. Sometimes that can be good, and sometimes it can be utterly awful.

When we replaced our outdated and wallet-busting single-pane aluminum windows with energy-efficient double-pane vinyl windows in our kitchen nook, I began dreaming of adorning the windows with beautiful trim. I was excited for the end result, but since I'm always so focused on trim in other people's homes, I was completely terrified about actually choosing the trim and putting it in place in my own home. 


The possibilites for trim are positively endless. I wanted to keep things pretty simple for our 1900 cabin-style home, but I also wanted to let the trim draw the eye and showcase our view to the backyard. I got lost in all of the choices online. So I pulled back, checked out our local home store and went with my gut. Luckily, I found installing the trim to be a much easier process than picking it.



Visit the Houzz Ideabook to learn the how-tos of replacing window trim.





Disclaimer:  As a Contributor I have been compensated for any Ideabooks featured on Houzz, although I am not compensated for sharing Houzz ideabooks on Revamp Homegoods.  All opinions expressed here or that of the writer and are in no way influenced by Houzz.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace