A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Houzz: DIY Backyard Hanging Shelves

If you're anything like me, you don't bat an eye at adorning your interior walls with colorful accessories. So why does your fence remain a blank slate? Take advantage of the vertical space your fence provides by enhancing it with potted plants. This simple DIY hanging shelf adds visual interest and color to your outdoor space without taking up prime real estate.





Not only is this a simple way to add some style to your backyard but it's also incredibly inexpensive.  For the full tutorial, jump on over to my Houzz ideabook.



Disclaimer:  As a Contributor for Houzz, I have been compensated for any Ideabooks featured on Houzz, although I am not compensated for sharing Houzz Ideabooks on Revamp Homegoods.  All opinions expressed here are that of the writer and are in no way influenced by Houzz.



SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I love this! I live in the city and I try to hide my balcony's view of the blah alley with planter boxes. This would be a great alternative with much more color. Thanks Meg!
    - Michelle Dirkse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! These would be good hanging on my fence behind the garden and would save me from some tacky garden art.
    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely awesome! I have tons of blank fence area that could definitely use this kind of freshening up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I'm planning on making a few more of these and installing them on more of our fencing. Heck, I like 'em so much I might just hang them in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your yard and house are coming along sooo nicely! Love seeing the progess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cute. What a great idea. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-hair-gel-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the bright colors and the seating! this is a great idea for small outdoor spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! So bright and cheery! I would love for you to link this up to The CSI Project. The challenge this week is summer outdoor decorating and parties. Come on over and you just might win or be featured!!!
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are WAY cute!!! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow at 8pm MDT for this week's party! :) -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun! great job!!
    mari
    http://inspiredbyfamilymag.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace