A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Handmade Gift Exchange: Hand-Painted Tea Towels

I was so excited to take part in the Summer edition of the Handmade Gift Exchange. Twice a year, Linda from Craftaholics Anonymous, hosts a Handmade Gift Exchange where you give and get a handmade gift! So, what's my fascination?  I've always had a fondness for pen pals.  In high school I had a pen pal from England who I wrote for years and when I first met my husband, and still to this day, we write each other while he's fishing in Alaska.  There's something so exciting about getting something (other than bills) in the mail and something even more exciting about gifts in the mail.


My giftee was Rhonda from the amazing Mrs. Greene who hails from Michigan.  I totally failed at being super creative (especially as I see all the other gifts that were made), but I hope that I was at least a little creative in creating two Michigan inspired hand-painted tea towels.




The first was a "Home is Where the Heart Is" towel and the second featured the Brook Trout, the state fish of the Great Lakes state.  Pretty fitting coming from a fishing family, don't ya think?


Both were made by printing a photo, cutting out the silhouette and using the stencil to paint on the Ikea tea towels.  Pretty dang simple with pretty awesome results.



Check out all the amazing gifts that the other exchangers made at Craftaholics Anonymous' HGE linky party!


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. These are so darling and so simple and so thoughtful! I pinned the too...

    And thanks for being my 800th GFC!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! The perfect gift to send cross-country. She'll love'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Great and easy idea for kitchen towels. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-hair-gel-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! Great idea and lovely execution of the idea - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops - one question - what type of paint did you use? I am pinning these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie! I used acrylic paint. Thanks for the pin-love!

      Delete
  6. As a maize & blue lovin' Michigan girl, these towels are awesome! :) Great job!
    Happy Day!
    Michelle
    www.daydreambelievers.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace