A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

DIY // Wooden Alphabet Wall Art

Did you catch the boys' shared room tour a couple weeks ago? You might have caught a glimpse of my latest DIY project.  I've long been a fan of letter decor in children's rooms.  I've even pinned a few inspirations here, here and here.  So it was only a matter of time before I tackled a project of my own.


I picked up the white 6" MDF letters, a staple gun and some velcro from Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Store.  Each of the letters were on sale for half price and I used a coupon for the rest - grand total: around $60.





 I cut the velcro into small squares and stapled one side of the velcro to each letter.


TIP:  For easy placement on the wall, attach the two pieces of velcro together and color the back of the velcro with chalk.  Choose your desired placement for the letter and press it against the wall.  The chalk will transfer to the wall.  Just remove the back piece of velcro and staple it in place using the chalk transfers as your guide.



I eyeballed placement and lucked out that all the letters fit vertically.  A little more planning by measuring the space could have saved me from a potential disaster if the letters hadn't have fit.


The velcro allows me to adjust the spacing between each letter so the first row and final row are level (something I obviously forgot when I shot these photos.)



When the day comes that I want to remove this it'll be easy as pie - I'll just remove a few staples, fill with putty and paint. 



Creating letter art of your own?  Share your projects below!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace