A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Paperback Smiles

We had a surprise waiting for us in the mail and I just had to share.  I'm always excited to receive my favorite online marketplace, Amazon's, smile and this day was no different.  Today, I had two wonderful books waiting for me.

The first book had me drooling when I first spotted it online.  And I know, I'm a little late in the game but better late than never, right?  I just can't bring myself to pay full price for a book, so I wait until there are used copies or it has a drastic price cut.  Luckily the latter was the case and I finally picked up a copy of Grace Bonney's book, Design Sponge at Home.  It. Is. Amazing.  I can't wait to shut myself in tonight and just devour the entire 390 pages.  If you have any interest in home design then RUN and get a copy of your own.  You'll thank me for it.




The next was a book geared towards fostering learning in children.  Mariah Bruehl's Playful Learning - Develop Your Child's Sense of Joy and Wonder is an amazing educational resource for children 4 to 8.  Why not exactly "home" related, it does give great tips on how to organize your home or room to be a playful learning environment.  Mariah also provides wonderful activities that inspire and teach your children.  Even though, he's younger than the target audience, I can't wait to incorporate these into Luke's daily routine.



I'm always looking for inspiration, so which books have been instrumental resources in your life?

Until next time,




SHARE:

1 comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace