A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Spooky Spaces // A Halloween Mantle

I'm not one to go all out for the holidays and decorate every room in the house, but I do like to update the mantle from time to time.  Using a budget-friendly combination of crafty projects and home decor pieces I already own, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to change things up.  So, when Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Stores contacted me to participate in their Celebrate the Season campaign, I jumped at the chance and created a spooky Halloween inspired mantle fit for any sinister character.





All it took to transform my everyday mantle into a spooky space was a quick trip to my local Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Store for supplies to create a simple craft and a couple additional Halloween decor items, plus a few more pieces I already had laying around the house.

The Holiday Decorations Spider Web Mantle Scarf, Martha Stewart Happy Halloween Banner, paper-mache witches hat and paper-mache tombstone were each on sale at Jo-Ann's and only ran me a total of $14.26.  Not too shabby!



Luke helped me with the craft side of this holiday decor project and painted the cardboard hat and tombstone with some black craft paint and a foam brush.  It was the perfect project for a 3 year old and he felt like such a big help.  After the tombstone dried, I used chalk to outline the shape and write a traditional RIP on the front.


After pulling a few more decor items from my stash, I was set to design the perfect spooky spaces mantle.  This was so simple, quick and fun - it's projects like these that get me excited for the holiday season!







For those of you in the holiday crafting spirit, use the following coupon at your local Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Store or online to stock up on Halloween decor and create your own #spookyspace!

JF13_Halloween_Coupon


So what gets you excited for the holidays?





The following project is part of the Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores® Celebrate the Season campaign.  I received compensation for this project; however, this is my personal, honest opinion based on my experience.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. It looks awesome, Meagan! Great job! I wish I had a mantle to decorate! I am hoping to get an entry table that I can do something with for the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tria! And that's such a great idea for people that don't have a mantle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace