A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Organization // The Battle With The Monthly

And no, not THAT monthly.  I'm talking magazines.  I absolutely love getting the glossy mags in the mail each month and can't wait to get in the door, sit down and devour the entire thing.  But then after I'm done reading the mag just sits in a basket on my hearth or on a stack on my nightstand and then every once in awhile they get moved to a box (yes, I am a magazine hoarder.)  I rarely look back at the old publications, but I can't bear to get rid of them for the "just in case" factor.  You guys with me, here?



I've been a subscriber to Real Simple for more than 3 years and before that I was a regular grocery-aisle
purchaser.  I absolutely love this magazine - it's like a one stop shop for women - style, home decor, organization, cooking, family...the list goes on and on.  I have stacks and stacks of these.  Plus, it's one of the few magazines where I actually read the letter from the editor.


I've been reading Better Homes & Gardens for as long as I can remember.  My mom used to pick it up and it was always one of my go-tos in the doctor's office (obviously after I had outgrown Highlights.)  This one is right up there with Real Simple. {They're offering a one-year subscription for $5.99}


Parenting Magazine is one that I picked up for free or on some super cheap deal.  I like it for its parenting tips and kids activities.  {Two-year subscription for $12}


One of my faves and one that my husband loves just as much is Family Handyman.  Plus, they have an incredible website full of helpful DIY projects and tips.  Thanks to my Nana & Toot for introducing us to this DIY'ers dream mag and gifting us a subscription, too. {$10 for a one-year subscription}


And the newest addition to my stack - a BH&G affiliate, Do It Yourself Magazine.  A magazine chalk-full of DIY projects.  Yep, I'm in love.  {They're offering one-year Free with a 2-year subscription.}  Check them out on Facebook to get updated tips & tricks.


Last year I received a phantom subscription to Architectural Digest and I fell in love with the jaw-dropping homes and decor they feature.  I haven't seen the magazine in the mail the past few months, so it might be time to open a real subscription...or better yet, anyone want to send me their old copies?  :)


And last but not least, the magazine that I wish was still in existence, Domino Magazine.  This was a love at first sight relationship until my friend just disappeared one day and I've been pining ever since.  Luckily, I do still have my old copies to keep the dream alive.  BUT, WAIT!!  A Domino Special Edition??!!  Nothing like my old friend coming back for a quickie - wait, what?  For all you fellow Domino lovers - check them out on Facebook.


Well, that rounds off my list of glossies that arrive at my doorstep (or PO Box) every month or so.  And that's just the tip of the iceberg if we're talking E-Mags, too (hello, LONNY!)  I know I need to purge and there's great places, like Half Price Books that will buy your old mags from you, but I'm just not ready for that step.  An intervention might be in order...

So, what are you flipping through?  Did you pick up a copy of Domino's Special Edition?


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Did you say DOMINO?? I've got to go look for that! I only managed to collect two of them before they stopped and out of my magazine cleansing, they are the ones I always keep!
    And yes, you need a magazine detox every once in awhile! Drop them off in a local waiting room, the bored patrons will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace