A budget-friendly DIY & lifestyle blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 4 "14 Reasons Why I Love You" Banner

It's day 4 of 14 Days of Valentines, a countdown to Valentine's Day one craft at a time.


What was intended to be Day 1's project made its grand debut at Day 4.  I just didn't get the "14 Reasons Why I Love You Banner" finished in time, so my valentine will be getting 4 days of "why I love yous" in one day.  Nothing to complain about, I dare say.








And how was it made?  Just scroll down to check it out.

Supplies:
  • Cardstock (I threw some paper bags in the mix, too.)
  • Twine
  • Glue Gun
  • Sewing Machine & Thread

 Cut out 14 long rectangles and fold into thirds.  Cut the top into a triangle as seen below.


Break out that sewing machine.  Fold the bottom half up onto the middle (keep the flap pointed up) and stitch along the edge.  (After my first attempt, I actually started from the bottom so that I could do the entire edge in one shot.  Efficiency, people, efficiency.)




 Make a template of numbers, print, cut out and glue onto each envelope.


Heat up the glue gun, run a bead of glue just behind the flap and adhere the twine.


And that's it!  A 14 Reasons Why I Love You Banner and only a little late just in time to let your loved ones know how much you care.





Day 4 down, 10 to go!


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This is so cute!!! Thanks so much for linking up at my Handmade Link Party!!! :)
    blessings,
    lauren@ www.summitstreetjoy.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea. I think I'll use it for my boys and my Hubby!

    Thanks!
    XOXO
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you on A Crafty Soiree...this is adorable!
    -Melissa
    serendipityandspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea, will have to pin it so that I remember it for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'll have to save this idea for next Valentine's day!
    I featured your banner on this week's Terrific Under Ten Tuesday!
    http://athomewithk.blogspot.com/2012/02/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. You banner is in the top 10 from the 14 days of love link party! Stop by and vote and send your friends ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!

If you enjoyed this post, feel free to hang out awhile and catch up on all of our DIY projects - or better yet, Subscribe and get future articles delivered right to you. Cheers!

© Revamp Homegoods. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig
09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace